If you have considered purchasing an ice cream maker the one thing that might be putting you off is where to put another kitchen appliance! While all these wonderful gadgets are great, it is easy to run out of storage place. Who wants a kitchen counter top to be filled with nothing but appliances?
Kitchen Aid has come up with an ice cream maker attachment that conveniently fits on to their mixers. So if you have a Kitchen Aid stand mixer then this is a fantastic way to have that ice cream maker without needing a whole lot of space for it.
Main Features of the Kitchen Aid Ice Cream Maker Attachment
For use with KitchenAid stand mixers; includes freeze bowl, dasher, bowl adapter, and drive assembly
Creates up to 2 quarts of ice cream, frozen yogurt, or sorbet in about 25 minutes
Powered by stand mixer; pour in batter and dasher and freeze bowl does the work
Dishwasher-safe dasher, drive assembly, and adapter ring
Recommended to hand wash the freezer bowl
10-8/9 by 10-2/7 by 10-2/7 inches
Weight: 9 pounds
Includes 1-year hassle-free replacement warranty
It is recommended to freeze the bowl unit in your freezer for at least 15 hours before making your ice cream. You can also make a variety of frozen desserts with this ice cream maker.
Your frozen treat will turn out with a nice soft consistency and you are able to make up to 2 quarts of ice cream at one time. If you are adding flavorings such as chocolate chips, fruit and nuts allow enough room in the bowl for expansion. Remember your ice cream mixture will increase in size as air is incorporated into it. Plus as ice cream freezes it also expands.
Making Your Ice Cream
Just follow these basic steps with your KitchenAid Ice Cream Attachment for great tasting ice cream and frozen desserts.
- Freeze the bowl for at least 15 hours, or simply always store in the back of your freezer.
- Make and cool your ice cream custard mixture.
- Place the frozen bowl on your mixer stand and attach paddles.
- Switch the mixer on at low speed, at your custard mixture.
- Allow the mixture to stir the custard until it is a soft consistency, about 25 minutes.
- Place the mixture into a bowl with a lid and freeze until firm.
Even though the mixing bowl accommodates 2 quarts it really is best to make 1 quart batches. Most people like to add some type of flavoring and as the ice cream mixes the volume increases. To avoid overflowing and cleaning up a messy spill it is much easier to make multiple smaller batches.
What Customer’s Are Saying
If you go to Amazon and look up this ice cream maker attachment you will see that there are well over 650 comments there. Next consider that over 400 of customers are giving this product a 5 star rating. This is a great testament to KitchenAid in itself.
Customers are having a great time trying out all kinds of flavors with this machine. Flavors with names like Cherry Garcia, Coffee Chip and Chocolate, Chocolate Chip.
Here are a couple of actual comments left by customers:
- This is the best attachment ever for the Kitchen Aid mixer!
- Once you get a good feel for making a custard mix, all the rest of the work is done by the attachment.
- Anyone who owns a KitchenAid Mixer really, really should purchase the attachment of the ice cream maker –it fits each and every single type of the KitchenAid Mixer made since 1990!!! You cannot beat that!! Wonderful. Best purchase ever.
- I have made 10 batches so far and they’ve all been absolutely delicious! I usually keep my attachment in the freezer for a whole day, just to ensure that it’s extremely cold.
- Using the Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream Book, I’ve been able to perfect the chocolate and vanilla recipes, as well as a homemade cookie dough recipe using Egg-free homemade cookie dough.
- Everyone who has tried the ice cream from this attachment has loved it! I highly recommend it to anyone that wants to make delicious ice cream time after time!
Where to Buy the KitchenAid Ice Cream Maker
As I am sure you have deduced by now we are totally recommending that you buy this ice cream maker attachment from Amazon. While you are there you may want to treat yourself to the Ben and Jerry’s Recipe book: Click Here
This book has been raved about in the reviews by many customers. This recipe book comprises 128 pages and contains plenty of recipes both new and old. You won’t have to worry about which type of ice cream to make next. Your biggest concern is making it quickly enough so you can try out all the flavors!
Mixer Product Link: Click Here