For the person who likes their cooking experience to be a bit more “hands on”, consider Fusionbrand’s 3-Inch Silicone Poach Pods. The patented technology allows you to directly handle the pods without burning yourself.
These poach pods come in sets of two or four and may seem a bit pricey at near $10 a pair. But if you follow the use and care directions every time, they will last you a long time.
Because they are made from silicone, Fusionbrand’s poach pods are lightweight, and can handle temperatures up to 675 degrees. This is the same type of silicone found in professional baking items. Just smear a bit of oil around the insides, cook your eggs, and invert the pods to pop out your eggs without any problems.
They are small and stackable, and won’t take up much space in your kitchen cabinets. Add to it the fact that you can use them with any pot, pan or skillet you already have in your kitchen that can hold at least an inch of water and you have a handy little addition to your kitchen.
To use, grab your skillet or pan, add an inch of water and bring to a simmer. Coat the pods with your favorite oil and break the eggs into the pods. When the water is ready, simply set them on it (they will be floating), cover and allow to cook the proper time according to directions, usually four to six minutes. When they are done, you can either lift them out barehanded or use Fusionbrand’s Egg Poacher Lifter (purchased separately), carefully invert the pod and drop the eggs onto your breakfast sandwiches. It’s as simple as that. When you’re done, wipe them out and pop them into the dishwasher.
- Dishwasher and microwavable safe.
- Can also be used for baking.
- Can be used with cookware you already have.
- They are deep enough to add other ingredients/toppings if you want while poaching.
- Only come in green.
- Only come in sets of two or four.
- Always lightly spray or coat the insides with oil to aid in egg removal when they are done.
- Available in sets of 2
- Flexible silicone pods for poaching eggs, baking and molding
- Allows you to float and poach an egg in boiling water
- Flip the nonstick pod inside out when egg is ready and gently push out
- Heat resistant to 675 degrees F
- Dishwasher and microwave safe
- Food safe and FDA compliant
What Customers Say.
- While it is a handy device, and undoubtedly less fussy to use than other poaching products/tools, it is not perfect.
- For people who cannot poach an egg, this is the product for you. As long as you follow the directions, it is fool proof!
- When the pods are cleaned, the silicone absorbs perfumes in the detergent which then leaches back out into the food when cooked!
- It was awkward and difficult to work with and handle. I see there is a tool listed now for handling them that was not there when I bought mine.
These little poach pods are constructed of flexible silicone making it easy to poach or bake. Because they are easy to use and float on top of the boiling water, they are perfect for someone who doesn’t want to purchase a poaching set of cookware. These can be used in almost any pot or pan that you already have. Because they are small, they should fit nicely inside a kitchen drawer.