Are you strapped for time in the mornings and skip breakfast as a consequence? Do you miss your poached egg sandwiches? Progressive’s International Microwavable Egg Poacher is just the item you need in your kitchen. Now you can have poached eggs that rival traditionally cooked eggs in half the time. No more skipping breakfast for you!
Do you worry about your kids cooking after school and leaving the burners on? Now you can put your fears to rest. They can easily make egg for sandwiches in the microwave. It poaches up to four eggs at a time so your kids can cook for their friends as well. Afterward, they simply wipe it off and toss it in the dishwasher.
- Affordable for the consumer on a budget ($7.99).
- Dishwasher safe.
- You won’t heat up your kitchen as much using the microwave and thus save energy.
- A perfect product for your first apartment or small kitchen.
- May have more varied results with this type of product due to different temperature/radiation settings between microwaves.
- Be sure to follow directions for this poacher—add a teaspoon of water to the cups before adding the eggs and another teaspoon on top of the eggs before cooking.
- Be sure to poke a hole in the end of the egg so as to minimize egg splatter as they heat in the microwave. Eggs will pop in a microwave.
- Even though this poacher has a nonstick surface, always clean the tray/container after use. Bits of eggs will be harder to get off of any surface if you let them set and cool.
- Try letting your eggs warm to room temperature before cooking.
- Add a dash of salt and pepper and viola! You have great tasting poached eggs in just a couple of minutes.
- Poaches up to 4 eggs at once in the microwave
- Round shape is perfect to cook eggs for breakfast sandwiches
- Non-stick surface makes for easy cleaning
- Dishwasher safe
What Customers Say
- Be sure to poke the yokes and whites with a fork before cooking to keep the explosions to a minimum.
- We have a 1,000 watt microwave and have not been able to find an ideal setting in terms of the power level and cooking time.
- This is so easy to use and so fast, I have time before work.
- This is my first egg poacher and I must say it makes life a lot easier.
- If you only want hard boiled eggs, then this is the poacher for you. It does not poach anything in between. I would not recommend this poacher or any microwave poacher unless you just want them hard boiled.
If you’re looking for a product that doesn’t take up a lot of cabinet space and is easy to use and clean up, the Progressive International Microwavable Four Egg Poacher is an excellent choice. With a little patience and practice, you can learn to make poached eggs the quick and easy way for your family.